We provide quality dementia training that sets a new benchmark within the aged care and disability sectors. Our Dementia Doulas receive theory and practical based learning along with tools and resources for future success.
• Work as a Dementia Doula in any setting • View dementia from a new perspective • Raise the bar in compassionate care • Initiate early future planning conversations • Incorporate creative ways to care • Become an ongoing support for families • Be a leader within the aged & disability sectors• Educate communities in the role they can play
• build your knowledge and skill set for supporting anyone impacted by dementia.• combine your previous skills and knowledge with new learning perspectives all into the one role. • provide you with the opportunity to make a tangible difference within the aged care and disability sectors.
Become a voice for those without through self-paced and live courses.
Online format only - AU$120
• Impact of dementia• Compassionate connections• Behavioural context• Planning aheadSuitable for:• Aged care staff• Disability sector staff• Family members• Service providers
• Online: Self Directed - AU$3215(Incl. 5 x 1hr mentor sessions)• Live 4-day format - AU$3620
Modules include:• Impact of dementia
• Support for people with dementia
• Work with families
• Grief & loss• Work with health professionals• Environmental considerations• Palliative care• Spirituality in dementia care• Work as a Dementia Doula• Work legally & ethically• Accountability & self-careSuitable for:• Prospective Dementia Doulas• Staff increasing existing skill set Live 4-day program dates:Adelaide: 29 Feb-3 Mar 2024Melbourne: 23-26 May 2024Sydney: 30 Aug-2 Sept 2024Adelaide: 28 Nov-1 Dec 2024(Available for online live format)
Following your course completion, you’ll be invited to join our DDI Alumni membership community. A community that ensures you feel supported, valued and validated in your ongoing practice. We offer a safe space for you to celebrate wins, ask for advice and share your knowledge with fellow colleagues. Our ongoing program offers professional and personal development, facilitates problem-solving and prioritises self-care.
For connecting with other Dementia Doulas.
Access to up-to-date resources & the latest research.
Use of ‘DDI trained’ logo for promotional purposes.
Client referral pathways.
Access to DDI short courses at no additional cost.
Ongoing mentoring opportunities with the team.